4.11.2011

The Monkey's Banana!

   
I am so blessed to have awesome people in my life that spread the word of my cakes. I wouldn't be able to make all of these cakes without you! Thanks!
My sister's friend from high school spread the word to her good friend and that's how I ended up making this cake :)
The theme of the first year old's party was monkeys (I may steal her cute decorations and theme one day!) with bright colors.  She found the idea online and I tweaked it to fit her ideas and the party's colors.  The flowers, monkey, and her name "Gianna" are made from fondant, which are made a few days in advance so that they can set and harden.  Fondant is great to work with when making decorations and enables me to make the cakes over a few days, which is perfect with my 8-5 work schedule!
A first birthday is not complete without a smash cake, of course.  And what better idea for the smash cake than a banana! It turned out to be so cute with the monkey cake!  Although I had a minor breakdown in decorating this cake till late Friday night, I was so happy when I delivered the cake and it was everything she asked for (the fudge I bought at Fudgie Wudgie at the outlets helped too!)!

Happy 1st Birthday Gianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment