8.22.2010

Baby Brooks






My friend Christina is really outdoing herself in marketing my cakes!  Thanks Christina! 

Christina is where I found Kaitlin... Kaitlin contacted me about cookies for her cookie bouquet centerpieces for her baby shower (what a great idea by the way, I plan to use it for some event of mine in the future). I was determined to make them look awesome and also make sure they stayed on the sticks. After researching recipes, I finally found one that had great reviews (that's the key to success. Let other people try it first!) and it worked great!  Get the recipe here! The cookies were sturdy and looked good (of course I couldn't try them, but my sweet-tooth sister did and they passed the test). I decorated them with royal icing and it worked perfect. I was so excited and it was so easy! 

Kaitlin also asked me to make the cake and of course, I said "yes"! The cake was red velvet on top and white cake on the bottom.  With airplanes and clouds to match the cookies and the party theme (and his cute Pottery Barn bedding), the cake turned out adorable.  

I can't wait to make more cookies on a stick!

Congratulations Kaitlin!

1 comment: