10.02.2010

Guitar cake


As I was showing my co-workers my blog with the purpose of showing them this cake, I realized I never put this cake on here. I really don't know how I forgot to add this cake that I made at the beginning of the year.

This cake was for my very first customer (that was non-family) and I was so touched and thrilled they asked me to do the cake. When Victoria saw Izzy's Winnie-the-Pooh cake, she was already requesting a cake for her birthday that was months away.  I was sent a photo of Victoria's favorite guitar and I immediately started making an enlarged stencil.  Before making the cake, I never thought about how hard it would be to ice the shape of this cake.  Lesson learned! I still had a lot of fun and it was a great challenge for me. I was really happy with the result and I think Victoria was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment